!-- Begin Web-Stat code 2.0 http -->
New Dawn Rose Archway
6:55 AM | Author: munib

New Dawn Rose Archway

I used to have a huge natural archwaycovered with two New Dawn roses, at the entrance to the house patio. They used to be absolutely beautiful in early summer - and later in their flowering season the petals would gently drift down like fat pink snowflakes.

 A rose which should have been one of my best...
New Dawn Rose

Both New Dawns have been chopped down, and they are only allowed minimal growth each summer. Their pride of place on the house pergola has been taken by a bossy Wisteria. All because of the rose disease rust.

 The colour is a soft shell pink.
A Cluster Of New Dawn Flowers

I'm quite saddened by their fate, as New Dawn was one of the first climbing roses I read about. I put it at the top of my list of purchases when I was a complete garden novice. All the books say that it's healthy. Hmm...

|
This entry was posted on 6:55 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: